Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I rearended a white Cadillac CTS! Paint from my car got on the car's bumper, how much to repaint their bumper?

I hydroplanned into a white Cadillac CTS today and there was no dent damage or anything like that... just some red paint transefer onto the back of the white car's bumper. How much would I estimate paying to have their bumper repainted?I rearended a white Cadillac CTS! Paint from my car got on the car's bumper, how much to repaint their bumper?It depends. You might be able to buff the paint off the other car. If the bumper must be painted then it will cost alot more. There are several different white paints. For a regular white paint you are probably looking $300 - $400



Cadillacs often have white pearl paint. This is much more complicated than regular white paint. White pearl is a tri-coat color. Instead of just being a basecoat/clearcoat paint it is a basecoat/pearlcoat/clearcoat paint. There is an extra color involved and therefore extra cost. It is also much more difficult to make the color match. For a tri-coat white you are probably looking $500 - $600.I rearended a white Cadillac CTS! Paint from my car got on the car's bumper, how much to repaint their bumper?lacquer thinner.



pour some on a rag, and then rub it on the bumper and watch the paint come off.



im a detailer and i use this plenty of times.



works great on light colored cars, (white, Silver, light blue...)



be very careful with dark colors, (black, some reds, dark blues)



remeber to rinse it off with water asap otherwise you'll fade the paint.I rearended a white Cadillac CTS! Paint from my car got on the car's bumper, how much to repaint their bumper?If it's just your paint on the Cady, it might just buff out!!I rearended a white Cadillac CTS! Paint from my car got on the car's bumper, how much to repaint their bumper?
The fact of the matter is you were at fault so they can take it anywhere they want to have it repaired. Thats the law. If they take it to a Cadillac Dealer and they charge 3,4,500 dollars, your stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment