Saturday, February 25, 2012

Any good tips for restoring a Vinyl Roof on a Cadillac Seville?

I have an 89 Cadillac Seville with a white Vinyl roof. The vinyl is cracked, has a few small tears, and the white dye has come off or faded in several places. I have purchased (based on a previous Yahoo Answer question I posted) vinyl repair kits, a vinyl cleaning solution, and something called SEM Color Coat, a vinyl paint or dye (not sure which one).



Before I dig in and do this, does anyone have any tips on this project, anything I should watch out for or be aware of, so I don't wreck this thing? I've never done anything like this before so any tips would be appreciated.



Thank you.Any good tips for restoring a Vinyl Roof on a Cadillac Seville?Personally I would just get it replaced. Any good auto body shop or automotive reupholstery place should be able to do it. It will not be cheap, but you will be happier in the long run. I am going to get the white vinyl top replaced on my 77 Mustang, so I know what you are going through.



If you decide that you would rather DIY, then just follow the instructions provided on the packages of the materials you have bought. Try it on a smaller less obvious part of the top, if that is possible. Just take your time, and follow through with what the instructions say, and you should be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment