Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Who thinks Cadillac is the Standard of the World?

Who thinks Cadillac is the standard of the world? It was and is currently their marketing slogan, but on average I think they make very standard cars, not above a honda accord or a taurus. Also in order to be the "standard of the world" people out of america would have to buy Cadillac, which they dont. What do you thinkWho thinks Cadillac is the Standard of the World?I always hated Cadillacs. But my wife fell in love with the SRX, and I had to admit it was pretty nice so we bought it. 50,000 miles - no repairs - NONE. It beat the hell, comfort wise, features, and price, out of every other SUV in its class. It's actually a "crossover" that you can haul 8 people and/or lots of stuff in, unlike those BMWs.



So impressed was I with the SRX that when I got transferred overseas I bought a used CTS 3.6L/6speed which I have here in Europe. Once again it seems to be bulletproof, and is quicker and more comfortable than my friend's M3 (which he's had no end of trouble with). Well over 30 MPG which is important with $8/gal gas, handles the twisty narrow roads great, and of course attracts a lot of looks :-)



There are Cadillac dealers throughout Europe. I see Escalades and CTSs (even a CTS-V) fairly regularly, so it's not correct to say "people outside America don't buy them."



I was a hard sell, to be sure. Are Cadillacs the best cars ever? Probably not, but I gotta say they're DAMN good.Who thinks Cadillac is the Standard of the World?the CTS-V has the fastest time around the Nurburgring out of any sedan on the market, and that's a pretty big accomplishment(especially for an American car company). but seriously, Cadillac was "the standard of the world" back in the 50's and 60's, but times have changed. they're nice cars, but I think they're severely overpriced considering their quality. their value depreciates by 50% over the first few years because of which. I just don't think they're on the same level as BMW or Audi.Who thinks Cadillac is the Standard of the World?A Cadillac isn't any better than a lumina or a taurus in my opinion. Parts are outrageous for them. They have a lot of electronic (unnecessary) modules and displays that go out, and anyone who's had a Northstar will tell you it's not the best engine. Cads are ok but have their quirks; I think more so than many others.Who thinks Cadillac is the Standard of the World?
Back in the 1920's and 1930's they were; NOT ANYMORE ! ! Even the head honchos at Cadillac will admit that they screwed the pooch and have to rebuild their reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment