Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How do I jump start my 2002 cadillac Deville from under the hood?

I cant seem to find the positive %26amp; negative under the hood, I know that there are some under the back seat but im parked in such a position where I cant use those.



This car was recently given to me, and i do not know much about cars



Thanks!How do I jump start my 2002 cadillac Deville from under the hood?Mount the red cable on the post that has the red cap on the righ hand side of the car %26amp; put the black clamp on the power steering hose metal line part that is screwed into the power steering pump on the hex head part of the line close to the pump. Won't hurt anything %26amp; that is connected to the engine %26amp; it is also grounded.



If this battery is completely dead, most of these Devilles have a ton of modules trying to all power up at the same time %26amp; consume a lot of power when key is turned on, I have ran into a bunch of these Devilles that will not even crank over even trying to jump start with cables or with a fully charged jump box due to an excessively dead battery %26amp; the only fix was you had to replace the battery pretty much where it is sitting.How do I jump start my 2002 cadillac Deville from under the hood?because the battery is mounted under that back seat, i see only one option to jump start that car. if you have completely scanned the engine bay for the positive terminal( usually capped by a red piece of plastic.) then what you could do is to use two sets of jumper cables and connect one set to the end of the other and carefully isolate the two ends from each other. this has worked for me in the past. it makes for a very long set of cables.

No comments:

Post a Comment