Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2000 Cadillac Seville Air conditioner does not work?

I have a 2000 cadillac seville sls that i bought about 3 months ago, they told me the blend door actuator needed fixed on the passenger side, but now the drivers side is blowing hot air, and no cold air anywhere, and it has refrigerant. What do you think this is, and is it going to be expensive to fix?2000 Cadillac Seville Air conditioner does not work?Brobably a bad baffle servo, blown fuse or baffle air system leak. If I am not mistaken, those cars have vacuum controlled baffles. Whenyou select heat or cool an electrical signal is sent to the vacuum baffle system which then re-directs the air in the lines to open or close baffles within your heater box. If one of those lines comes off, developes a crack or breaks then there won't be enough vacuum or air pressure to move the baffles. Turn your ignition on but don't start your car. Switch from hot to cold on your controls and listen. You should be able to hear the hiss and your baffles moving within the system in your dash. Sometimes they creak or clunk into place. If all you hear is a hiss and no other noise then you mayhave a leak. Real ***** to fix, you have to tear your entire dash out....







I had the same problem on my Expedition but that ended up being an electrical plug that I forgot to re-attach when I had my dash apart.2000 Cadillac Seville Air conditioner does not work?If your AC doesn't work it could be a bad sign, My dad is a mechanic and when I was buying my car I have now, he looked at it and saw the AC wasn't working, but it turned out to be that it was unplugged underneath the vent. But it could mean that a head gasket is blown, which is not good. But it can be a variety of different things, and you should have a mechanic look at it that really knows what he is doing! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment