Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to make my ac work in my 1993 cadillac fleetwOod?

It hasn't work for about 3 years now, but it is starting to get really hot outside and the ac is something I need for the rest of the summer. I really don't want to go to a mechanic to fix this problem because I feel like I can do this on my own. What should I do?How to make my ac work in my 1993 cadillac fleetwOod?Unless your 1993 system has been converted to R134a there is nothing you can do on your own - we ordinary people can not buy R12, only licensed A/C professionals can get it. If it has been converted to R134a it still requires a professional because while R12 was easy to charge at home, R134a is a very different critter. It is easier to damage the compressor by overcharging than to decently charge it at home. Those mess-it-up-yourself kits should be removed from the shelves.How to make my ac work in my 1993 cadillac fleetwOod?"Sorry! H.V.A/C Shop!" system is going to have to be pumped down and Cleaned, Checked for leaks, make sure the Compressor still works then Recharged. Sitting for 3 years there could be a lot of hidden damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment